Thursday, September 12, 2013

Tommy Paper Pack CTMH

Picture not shown of original design on my website.
    Hello again, I only had a little time to create today and I had pinned several items last night that I wanted to take a hand at.  The link is above to the pin I made, however you have to go one more step to Splitcoasters to get the picture tutorial.

    I made two of the cards featured and with a lot of thought, I mastered the folding and adhesive areas on the example.  As the link described the card would not open all the way so I made an alteration to the version and made a cut in the seam so the card would open all the way.  However, folded as link instructed, it was too bulky on the left side, would not stand up or lay down flat due to the many folds at the left side, and that is even with adhesive in the right spots.

     So with that I made my own version.  This is an example and sorry about the quality of the photo but I do not have an area that is so masterfully set up as some posting on Pinterest.

     I cut a piece of card stock that was 41/2" x 51/2" size, scored it at 23/4", folded on the long side.  Then I cut another coordinating piece at 21/2" x 21/2" an adhered it in the same spot as the original folded card in the original tutorial and then began to matte and embellish with coordinating pieces.  It folds, stays shut, and fits in a regular envelope(41/2" x 53/4").  Give the original tutorial a try and then let me know what you think about my version.  This is a cute card style and I can see creating other cards in this same manor just different papers and embellishments because its outside the box and attractive to the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment